Valerie Howard is a Los Angeles based branding and marketing coach who helps emerging entrepreneurs create an online presence they LOVE. She works with clients all over the world, and has a podcast of her own called “The Brand Ambition,” where she doles out awesome weekly branding and business tips. She has a Masters Degree in branding & Marketing from USC and studied writing at Yale. She has 10+ years experience in the industry.
- Valerie’s Podcast The Brand Ambition
- Jessica’s Website
- Bryan Franklin is one of Valerie’s business coaches
- Caroline White Photography
- Marie Forleo’s B School
- Danielle Laporte
- Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
- When Valerie was a little girl she loved the creative outlet that writing provided. She would tell everyone that she wanted to be a writer when she grew up!
- Valerie’s branding business typically starts with people who have BIG dreams for their business but are not sure how to getting started.
- Jessica mentions her branding website and her love for helping others in their business ventures.
- Brain Franklin was one of Valerie’s first business coaches. He did a great job pushing her to get out of her comfort zone with her business.
- Marie Forleo is an amazing photographer that she had an instant connection with.
- Jaclyn points out how important it is to have conversations with others and not try to do it on your own. She was impressed with the face that Valerie made the big step to hire a coach at the start of building her business.
- Jessica received some ‘bad’ advice at the beginning of building her business several years ago from someone who told her NOT to collaborate with others in her same field because they were the competition.
- Destination Coaching Experience–Valerie has started offering destination coaching experiences to her clients in one of three cities (Los Angeles, Paris, Maui). During this experience, she meets with the clients in a one on one setting for an 8 hour intensive coaching session.
- Valerie has experienced days where she felt ‘down’ about her business.
- Relying on friends and family as well as exercise is crucial. She has to make herself do this many days but it is very important to her drive in her business.
- She also gets a change in scenery by working in a local coffee shop or somewhere outside of her ‘normal’ atmosphere.
- Valerie is a big Danielle Laporte fan!
- Valerie refers to the book Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon.
- Jaclyn refers to their mantra: “Design a life you love by doing what you love.”
- Valerie refers to her The Brand Ambition podcast and her DIY Branding and Marketing course that will be coming out at the beginning of 2016!
If you love our show, please head over to iTunes to leave us some love! This helps us keep our ratings high so that others who might love the show too can find us.