We’re flashing back this week and bringing you some of our favorite episodes all over again!
Heather is a Business Strategist for Creative Entrepreneurs and owner of Heather Crabtree LLC. Prior to this business, Heather began in the legal field and also owned an event planning company for 11 years, which she and her business partner sold in 2014. Now she teaches creative business owners how to create and grow a busine ss with their smarts and their heart. She also runs a private Facebook group, Savvy Business Owners, for over 5000 women, has a group coaching program, Savvy Business Circle, and will be launching her online shop for creative entrepreneurs with digital downloads soon. Business aside, Heather is also a proud mom to her littles, London and Lane, and wife of 11 years to her husband, Cole. She believes that life should not be taken for granted and that we should cherish each morsel of every day. She loves to encourage, motivate and share her knowledge with others, but also believes that we can learn something from every person we meet.
- Important Links
- Savvy Business Owners–Facebook Group
- Savvy Business Circle
- Heather’s game changer was taking Marie Forleo’s B School online course!
- Reina + Co is Heather’s business coach and she highly recommends her to everyone!
- Hilary Rushford is also another mentor of Heather!
- Heather recently spoke at Amber Housley’s Inspired retreat!
- “Start with Why” by Simon Sinek and “The E Myth” by Michael E. Gerber are both books that Heather has read and re-read
- Lisa Messenger is a new author that Heather really enjoys.
- Topics Discussed
- Heather wanted to be an attorney when she was a little girl! After completing law school, she discovered this wasn’t her dream. Boyfriend (now husband) encouraged her to follow her heart.
- Jessica points out that she didn’t let the fact that her degree was in something else stop her from doing what she had a passion for.
- Heather started her event planning business without having planning any events before. Her business became very successful.
- Sold business in 2014 and started her company Heather Crabtree.
- Passive income still means you work your hiney off! (Great point Jessica!)
- Heather’s father was her first mentor. He was a hard worker and well loved by all!
- Heather loves meeting people online and then in person. She loves connecting with others.
- A lot of the people that Heather has hired are people she met through her Savvy Business Owners group.
- “If you want someone to invest time in you, you need to invest time in them”–Heather
- Heather started Savvy Business Owners about a year ago and it grew slowly in the first few months. She started doing free webinars with members and the membership grew!
- Jaclyn has a new Facebook group, Chasing Dreams and Littles. She mentions that Heather’s growth is an inspiration to a ‘new’ group.
- Heather has taken some time for herself by eating healthy and hiring a personal trainer. She knows how important taking care of herself is to her family and her business. She also likes taking a bath with a glass of wine while listening to podcast to unwind.
- For a long time, Heather has tried to fit her life into her business. Now, she is trying to fit her business into her life.
- “Grow your business with your smarts and your heart.”–Heather
- Heather really wants a community with her business. She wants to get to know people on a personal level. She has also learned the importance of learning to say ‘no’ when she needs to. She also has a great passion for empowering women.
If you love our show, please head over to iTunes to leave us some love! This helps us keep our ratings high so that others who might love the show too can find us.