- Jessica shares more about herself!
- Jessica’s dream job as a child was to be a National Geographic photographer and then a few years later wanted to be a photographer in the army.
- Her dream of being a photographer progressed into graphic design during college.
- Jessica’s business is Southtown Creative: branding and website design for lady entrepreneurs. (She discusses the transition from the early years in her business to the current business model she uses.)
- She also discusses her small business strategy courses.
- In February, she is launching more courses, in addition to her current business strategies courses. (Get Off Your Etsy)
- She will be relaunching Snap, Click, Create in February (A scrapbooking site that has helpful courses and products for those that love to scrapbook!)
- Jessica discusses how she transitioned from her work at the telephone company that she originally started to work for right after college to running her own business.
- She went out on maternity leave and realized that she was not sure that she wanted to go back after her maternity leave was finished.
- Jessica describes the disaster that she had at the corporate job that she had after she came back from maternity leave.
- She discusses how she was led to quit her corporate job and start freelancing/creating blogs full-time.
- Jessica’s tip is to use a daily to-do list planner for your business. (She gets her own from She Plans, by Ashley Staum) She also uses a separate planner for her family’s personal use. (For her personal use, she uses The Happy Planner)
- Jessica’s 2016 word is “Create.” She uses this to focus in her business and in her personal life.
- Jessica talks about how she loves her business and the ability to be home with her sons. She also loves the ability to help others and make her own schedule.
If you love our show, be sure to head over to iTunes and show us some love! This will help others, who may also love our show, find us!