Steph Schertz is an online teacher helping you create a flawless visual experience on everything from client communication to video to social media in order to feel more confident in your business and book more game-changing high end clients. With a varied background in graphic design, branding and social media management, her goal is to break down complicated topics for entrepreneurs who want their business to look stunning and make a real impact on their clients’ lives. She’s all about the balance of style and substance. Steph recently moved to Milwaukee from Chicago (only partially to have access to more dairy products,) and prides herself on living up to the clichés of nice, friendly Midwesterners.
- In her younger days, Steph desired to be a writer / illustrator for children’s books
- She attended University of Iowa as a Business major- and ended up studying film
- Steph talks about her various job expenses
- Portrait photographer / Dealer at a Casino
- Signed up for V School – Virtual Assistant
- Started a wedding planning business
- Started Bushyl
- Co-hosts a podcast
- Steph admits that she is an introvert
- Okay, so maybe an outgoing introvert
- The ladies chat about how many domains they own! (Hint: They own several ;-))
- Steph helps other develop their brand visually because she admits that the visual appearance of websites help her determine whether or not she is going to purchase from that online business. She states: “The end goal is to convince people that you know what you are doing and that you a valuable and worth money”
- Steph discusses how she uses video in her blog posts and newsletters – because it is an easy way to speak to your audience
- People are more drawn to video
- The video helps SEO as well
- Facebook Live
- Steph feels that this is going to be a huge help to Facebook Groups and getting your message out there
- Video Newsletter
- Jaclyn & Jessica delve in deeper with Steph about the use of video newsletters and the connection that it creates with your audience.
- Steph quotes Henry Ford: “If I had asked people what they wanted they would have said a faster horse.”
- Steph talked about how she started a survey about a specific product that she was thinking of developing.
- “You have to use surveys in a real way, not just for a promotional purpose.”
- Facebook Groups
- Jaclyn and Jessica delve deeper with Steph about using Facebook groups in your business.
- Using video to speak with your Facebook members can create a stronger connection with your audience.
- The girls discuss the balance necessary with Facebook groups to ensure that members do not overfill your feed with promotions and videos of their own.
- Steph’s tip to new business owners is to get your Google Calendar set up first! Once your calendar is set up you can add project management tools later.Also: Google Calendar syncs with most booking calendars and the girls discuss how flawlessly it syncs with their Acuity calendars.
Check out our sponsors: